When watching the piece it was decided that we needed a soundtrack to compliment the film. Paul introduced us to his friend who is a violinist which we felt would be best way to show the emotion and love for the violin and music that we wanted to show in the piece.
On the 4th of March Paul, Chris and I met at an art gallery that was lending us a private room so that we could get clear pieces that we could use. Anna, the violinist, selected four pieces for us that weren't under copyright so that we wouldn't have to go through a strict process of getting music permissions. These pieces also created different moods such as a fast fiddle piece and a slower more waltz style of piece.
I recorded the pieces using a boom mic and a zoom so that I keep control of the sound levels even though the sound kept peaking and lowering depending on the notes being played. By recording on a boom mic as well I was able to get the full sound of the violin as it reverberated around the room.
No comments:
Post a Comment